Articles

What You Should Know about Magnetic Tape

The adhesive magnetic tape is basically used to join metals and other materials together and it does a good job of it. The tape is simply impressive in its actions. But before you attach it to any surface, make sure the surface is clean, as any dirt deposit on the surface can negatively impact its magnetic and adhesive property. If there is any dust on the surface, make sure it is properly cleaned before adhering the tape. Additionally, make sure the surface is dry before applying the tape. Wash the surface with detergent before you ever apply the tape. Also make sure the surface dries up first before applying the tape. After applying the magnetic tape to the material, apply some considerable pressure on the tape to make it adhere more to the material. Make sure the applied tape adheres smoothly to the surface for better magnetic and adhesive impact. Protective foil is placed on the adhering side of the tape. Remove the protective foil only when you are about to apply the tape to the surface. After removing the protective foil, do not attempt to touch the adhering surface so as not to tamper with the adhesive capability of the tape. The tape can be used in several surfaces, but not on surfaces coated with powder, it also cannot be used on polythene or polypropylene surfaces. It is therefore very important to test the surface before you apply the tape. The tape can however be applied to a number of surfaces, like wood, Plexiglas, acrylic glass, laser printing paper, coated cardboard and uncoated cardboard. Make sure you apply adequate weight on the surface of the tape after you have applied it to the particular material; the magnetic effect is enhanced after such pressure has been applied. After applying the magnetic tape, allow it to stay on the surface for up to 72 hours, after which you can apply the above mentioned pressure to make the tape stick to the surface. The tape should be allowed to dry at a maximum temperature of 38oC. Its magnetization will however be destroyed at a temperature as high as 80oC.